Monday, March 12, 2007

Rusted Root!

After days of drying on the office floor (I desperately need a mesh drying rack), I present you Rusted Root!



Pattern: Rusted Root by the Zephyr Gals
Source: www.zephyrstyle.com (for some reason I can't create links since I've switched to a Mac. I'll have to investigate that)
Materials: two skeins and a tiny bit from the third of Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece in Wild Sage
Needles: too many to list! I switched needles so many times to get the right gauge.
Started: February 13, 2007
Finished knitting: March 8, 2007

Modifications: None, besides switching needles a lot.

Verdict: Cheers all around. I loved knitting this. It's the first time I've knit something top down and I loved being able to visualize what the sweater was going to look like while knitting it. The lace pattern also made an otherwise plain knitting experience more spicy. This cute little sweater came out quite nice. It might be a smidge tight with the cami underneath. Without a cami it fits better, but I'm a little too much of a prude to let everyone see through the lacy bits.



Although we've entered daylight savings time and the sun is out, I'm afraid it's not as warm out as it seems. It is above freezing, but still not really short-sleeve weather.

And since I love the shaping on this sweater, here's a close-up.

1 comment:

  1. It is BEAUTIFUL!!! I am hoping to make Rusted Root soon, and your version is so inspirational! I love the green - and the cami underneath too! Brava!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!