Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Merry!

Not much knitting has been going on in recent days, but I have managed to start another cabled baby hat for one of my friends' babies. I had knit the pink hat last month, but none of my friends are having little girls! So I bought some baby blue DB Baby Cashmerino and cast on a hat for baby Blake.

Since hubby and I are both musicians, we used to go to shows at least once a week when we lived in Moncton and Halifax, but bands rarely come through Yarmouth . . . That's why we were superexcited to go to the Wintersleep/Contrived/Ryan Cook show at Th'YARC Friday night. We showed up for soundcheck at 4 p.m., because hubby was invited to play one song with Wintersleep, and hung out with the boys until the show started at 8 p.m.

I don't want to bore anyone with a full review of the show, so I'll make this extremely brief. Ryan Cook took the stage first with his new country band. If I didn't know Ryan, I would have asked, "Who is this retard?" but I know the whole country act is kind-of-sort-of-not-the-most-serious-thing-in-the-world. Besides, he used to only listen to the most gory death metal.

Hubby joned Wintersleep for an encore performance that was amazing. I hadn't seen him on stage since 2004, I think. He was great. There he is, playing the bass.

In the words of Dr. Seuss in How The Grinch Stole Christmas, I just want to wish all the bloggers of the world a "Merry Merry!"