Friday, December 15, 2006

Holy Christman!

Years ago, when I first learned my ABCs, I labeled a box of Christmas ornaments "Christman." It cracks me up every time I see that box. Once I learned of my error, I xed out the offending "n" and replaced it with an "s." It's still cute as can be.

Here's a Christman, er Christmas, meme that I stole from My Fashionable Life

Egg nog or hot chocolate?
Is tea an option? Okay, I would have to say hot chocolate because I've never been a fan of egg nog, or as I like to call it, chicken milk (directly translated from "lait de poule").

Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
He wraps most of them, unless they're really big.

Coloured lights on tree/house or white?
I have white lights on the tree right now, but I have no objections to coloured lights. They're both lovely.

Do you hang mistletoe?
No. I've never even seen the real thing. Just the plastic mistletoe Mum has.

When do you put up your decorations?
As soon as I can without looking like a crazy person. Usually early December.

What's your favourite Christmas dish?
G-R-A-V-Y. 'Nuff said.

Favourite Christmas memory as a child?
I don't know how old I was, but I woke up to pee in the middle of the night before Christmas. I had to cross the hall to get to the bathroom and I snuck a glance toward the fireplace. I swear I saw Santa in the living room. So, I peed as quickly as possible and didn't flush because I didn't want to scare Santa.

When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
Not sure, but I do remember being in the fifth grade when all of my classmates stopped believing in Santa. I told them the above story and convinced them ALL that Santa really did exist. Their parents must have loved me.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
Sometimes. This year since we'll be traveling between hubby's family and mine, I think we'll open presents from each other on Christmas Eve. It'll just make Christmas Day a little less hectic.

How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
With all kinds of ornaments. The more, the better. The Hello Kitty ornaments are the best, though.

Snow! Love it or dread it?
Love it, but we don't usually have snow in Yarmouth on Christmas Day.

Can you ice skate?
Yes, but I'm no champion figure skater.

Do you remember your favourite gift?
Hmmmm, not really. I always like to get books though.

What's the most important thing about Christmas for you?
Being with family.

What's your favourite Christmas dessert?
Grand-mère's apple pie.

What's your favourite Christmas tradition?
Having lobster sandwiches with the French side of the family at suppertime. Everyone has already had a huge turkey dinner at lunch time, so we don't want anything more than a few sandwiches.

What tops your tree?
A small angel.

Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Ooohh! I love both so much!

What's your favourite Christmas song?
Can I pick two? Fairytale of New York by The Pogues and Peace of Earth/Little Drummer Boy by David Bowie and Bing Crosby.

Candy canes?
Indeed millipede.