Monday, November 27, 2006

Trying my hand at mittens

I decided that my kitty hat needed some friends, so I'm making some matchy-matchy mittens with my leftover yarn (okay, it's more than just "leftover yarn". I bought two hanks and still have one left). This is my first time knitting mittens, and so far it's going well. I think lefty is looking pretty cute.

I went to Halifax on Sunday to drive my cousin back to university after a weekend at home. I stopped at Tooshie's to pick up my new best friend, Mrs. Pinky Kettle. Isn't she lovely on my barfalicious harvest gold stove?

She's a beauty and she whistles! I've only had electric tea kettles in the past, but I am officially in love with Mrs. Pinky. I've even stored the old electric kettle under the sink.

I stopped at Tangled Skeins in Dartmouth. I've heard that it's the happiest place on Earth, but had never visited before. I can confirm all rumours: it is indeed the happiest place on Earth. I bought several bamboo dpns and circulars and some beautiful Artyarns supermerino sock yarn (for my first attempt at socks, of course). I will take a photo of the new yarn whenever the sun comes out.

And now for some eye candy. Here's a print hubby made of moi! It's awesome. I love it.

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting!