Monday, November 13, 2006

new hat!

We join this kitty hat already in progress . . .

I started the Kittyville hat in the Stitch N Bitch book on Friday and it's already nearly finished. I just have to weave in some ends, finish the ears (so cute!) and add pompoms to the ends of the drawstrings.

Here's what it looks like so far:

I'm really happy with it. I knit it using Misti Alpaca worsted yarn that I bought in Saskatoon and it's so yummy and soft. It was a quick knit too. I started it in the car on the way to Halifax (to see the Hidden Cameras, eeee!) and knit like a champion all weekend. Knitting was a nice distraction Friday night when we went to Sarah's house for a small get together. The party was lots of fun (five of us spontaneously broke into Paradise By The Dashboard Light in the kitchen. We sounded awesome) until the world's most annoying couple showed up. I just focused all my attention on knitting and got through the evening fine.

Oh! and The Hidden Cameras were supergood. Jesse and I had a prime spot to watch the show (centre stage, first row) and we danced a lot. I don't think they were as good as two years ago, but they were still rather mind-blowing. The opening acts were good too. The drummer of Spiral Beach looked a lot like my ex-boyfriend Travis. Kind of creepy.

Stay tuned for my next post, for the Kittyville hat will be finished!

2 comments:

  1. Aren't you just as cute as can be in that kitty hat! I might try one of those. I love your page and it has inspired me to make one of my own. I've added you as a link on my page. Keep up the awesome work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I'm quite happy with the kitty hat and can't wait to wear it this winter.

    Thanks for reading my blog.

    ing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!