Thursday, January 10, 2013

Warm legs

It's not been a terribly cold winter, but I still find myself layering socks and slippers, shirts and sweaters, and, in extreme cases, tights and pants to stay cozy.

Enter: the utterly practical legwarmers!

some cloudy day

Pattern: some cloudy day by tiny owl knits
Materials: 1 skein Blue Moon Fiber Arts Socks That Rock Mediumweight in Every day grey (bought at Rinebeck 2012!!)
Needles: US4 (3.5mm) dpns
Started: January 1, 2013
Finished: January 7, 2013

Raveled

Notes: I weighed the skein and divided it into two equal skeins. I managed to get 25 pattern repeats out of one half skein. I casted on with 4.5mm needles to ensure stretchiness at the top. I didn't follow the pattern for the bottom cuff -- instead I ended with four rows of stockinette stitch and four rows of 2x2 rib. What can I say? I like symmetry.

Verdict: My calves are delightfully toasty and I love how ugly/cute legwarmers look.