Friday, January 04, 2013

Stop the presses.

It's true. I'm back.


Abbotts Harbour slouch
Hello world! Here I am!

I stopped blogging after I procreated. There was just no time to write with a new little human being in my life. The newt is now a three-year-old kid and he's so much fun, although potty training is threatening to take the fun out of motherhood, but I digress.

I'm back because I just opened an etsy shop for my handknits. People have been asking me to sell my handknits for a while now, but I never thought it would be possible since I'm not a designer. I really don't know the first thing about writing a pattern, but I buckled down over Christmas break and decided to make a valiant attempt at creating my own design. The result is the Abbotts Harbour slouch.


Abbotts Harbour slouch
VoilĂ ! The Abbotts Harbour slouch!

It's nothing fancy. Just a slouhcy stockinette hat with a ribbed brim. But it's mine. And I like it.

I also have some 100% organic cotton wash cloths in the shop and I'm working on my second design as I'm writing this.

organic cotton wash cloths
Mmmm. Scrubby.

In fact, I'm taking on a new project since this is a new year and all. I'm jumping on my friend Steph's bandwagon and setting a goal to write eight original patterns in 2013. (Read more about the 8 in 2013 project here.)

I haven't decided if I'll publish a pattern for the Abbotts Harbour slouch. I mean, does the world really need another pattern for a slouchy knit hat? No, not really. But if I come up with anything earth shattering, I'll certainly consider it.

So, carry on, as you were. I'm hoping to be back here blogging regularly. It feels nice to write again. Thanks for reading.