Sunday, October 21, 2007

And now we're yarn-comatose

Annie and I had a wonderful trip to the Annapolis Valley yesterday. We had a great lunch, visited a nice bookstore, picked up some fresh produce and, of course, went yarn shopping.

Annie pets the black sheep at Gaspereau Valley Fibres while the antisocial alpaca looks on.

I had been to GVF before, but I didn't spend nearly enough time there the first time. I was in Wolfville on business and my meetings ended at 3: 30 p.m. The yarn store closed at 4 p.m., so I rushed over there, quickly scanned the shelves and picked up some sock yarn. This time, we had plenty of time to touch, squeeze, sniff and caress all the yarn we wanted.

We are happy shoppers!

After walking around the store several times, hemming and hawing, we each settled on our purchases. Annie walked away with a skein of Fleece Artist Sea Wool and I picked up a skein of Manos del Uruguay wool (40 per cent off!!!)


and a couple of cones of Casco Bay cotton worsted to make matchy-matchy dishcloths for my kitchen.


It was a happy day.