Friday, August 31, 2007

FO: Fetching

I had one ball of Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran left over from when I knit Tempting and finally decided to hop on yet another bandwagon and knit Fetching.

This is me, trying to imitate the pattern photograph.

Pattern: Fetching by Cheryl Niamath
Source: Knitty
Materials: one ball of Debbie Bliss cashmerino aran in Kingfisher
Needles: US 6/4 mm bamboo dpns
Started: August 27, 2007
Finished: August 28, 2007

I had almost finished knitting the gloves when I ran out of yarn. All I had left to knit was one thumb. So, I did what any resourceful knitter would do and unraveled a tiny bit of Tempting and used the yarn to finish the gloves. Don't worry, Tempting is fine. I didn't even have to unravel an entire round.


I wasn't sure if I should keep these mitts for me or give them away at Christmas, but when I realized they're an almost perfect match with my winter coat, I decided they'll stay with me.

I should also mention that the illustrious Kenneth took these photos. And, for those of you who read this on Bloglines, I've changed the appearance of the blog, so pop on over and take a look!

5 comments:

  1. I love the colour of your fetchings! They look so good with the coat, I don't blame you for keeping them. There's still LOTS of time for Christmas knitting right? RIGHT???

    Like the look of the new layout too. Have a great long weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ingrid!

    Love the new blog design. You're putting me to shame with your beautiful (prolific) knitting! So jealous...

    I haven't even touched the new yarn I picked up in Yarmouth. Fall is coming though, so I expect I will be getting the urge soon.

    Hope things are well.

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! They look fantastic! :) And definitely compliment your coat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are a perfect match for the coat! how lovely! you are perfectly ready for fall now! so, is it cool enough in NS to actually wear them now?

    Cheers~

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY fetching! I love your coat, too. Has your package arrived yet? Let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!