Thursday, July 26, 2007

I've been a-craftin'

Now that we're all moved into the new house and the musical has had its closing night, I've found myself with lots of time to craft up a storm.


My first toe-up sock is done and the second one is well on its way. I got the Socks That Rock yarn in my Knitters Tea Swap package from Becky and it is beautiful yarn. I love the crazy colours and it's a wool and silk blend that knits up really squishy and shiny. I also knit my first short-row heels and I am smitten -- no need to pick up stitches!


Binding off the top was a little difficult. I ended up doing it three times because my bind off was too tight the first two times. On the third time, I tried something called the Russian Bind Off, which worked like a charm. I do miss the kitchener stitch though. There's a special place in my heart for the kitchener stitch.

In the midst of my crafty streak, I sewed up this little curtain for the kitchen. It matches my place mats and will soon match my walls . . . I will get around to painting those walls.


And I picked up these Eleanor Grosch Keds the other day. I had been coveting them, but they were nearly $50. I saw these on sale at the mall last week -- $19.99. They were the last pair and they were in my size. Awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the curtains. I'm in the midst of making drapes for our dining room (the new neighbours are spending a lot of time on their back porch - so we need some privacy) - I don't know if this will inspire me to do more or less sewing.

    Love the sock and the shoes. The owls are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!