Friday, November 02, 2007

All of my hedges in a row

One day late. I finished the Hedgerow socks one day after the Socktoberfest deadline. Will you forgive me?


I logged a lot of knitting time yesterday. Jesse had his first chemo treatment (which went well, thank you for all of your kind notes!) and I knit through most of it. It took three hours, which was just long enough to finish my second sock.

Pattern: Hedgerow by Jane Cochran
Source: Knitter's Review

Materials: two hanks of Oceanwind Knits Merino in sweetgrass
Needles: US 1/2.25 mm bamboo dpns
Started: October 2007
Finished: November 1, 2007

Verdict: The yarn is very nice to work with. The squishy factor is high, especially when knit up in a fancy rib like this. I'm not sure if I'll keep these socks or not. I really like them, but I might throw them in the Christmas present pile.


I also whipped this up the other day. I will not try and pass the idea off as my own -- I shamelessly stole it from Erin.


Here's the button, from Mum's (can you believe we have two generations of button stashers in my family?) stash.


It's going to a good friend who's birthday is today.


I hope she likes it!